Campus Montréal: the entrePrism program is introduced thanks to a donation from the Fondation Mirella et Lino Saputo
October 29, 2015
Thanks to a $2.5 million donation from the Fondation Mirella et Lino Saputo to the Campus Montréal fundraising campaign, the School’s Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurial Acquisition and Business Families Hub is launching the new entrePrism program.
The program is an innovative model relying on entrepreneurship as a tool for social and economic integration, with the goal of helping immigrant entrepreneurs start up new businesses and grow existing ones. It is also intended to develop new tools based on research on entrepreneurship as a means of integrating newcomers.
More specifically, entrePrism will offer the following infrastructure and activities for immigrant entrepreneurs:
- physical premises
- mentorship with industry partners
- diploma-granting training (short graduate program in entrepreneurship or a certificate in entrepreneurship)
- financing, in the form of risk capital through investment funds and grants
- research by our professors and research professionals
- support from our BBA and MSc students, through internships or supervised projects credited by the School
Immigrant entrepreneurs can start taking advantage of this program immediately.
On behalf of the entire HEC Montréal community, our thanks to the Fondation Mirella et Lino Saputo for this generous donation that will help us support a new generation of builders in Quebec!
Post a comment